Our Firm History
In September 1959, founding Partner William B. Dulany opened the Law Offices of William B. Dulany at the firm’s former location at 127 East Main Street, Westminster, Maryland. Born and raised in Carroll County, Mr. Dulany was a graduate of Sykesville High School class of 1944. Upon graduation, he enlisted in the United States Navy as an aerographer’s mate and served honorably until his discharge in 1948. Thereafter, he attended Western Maryland College (now McDaniel College) earning a Bachelor of Arts degree before attending first the University of Michigan Law School, and then the University of Maryland Law School where he earned his Juris Doctor degree in 1953. Mr. Dulany was admitted to the Bar of Maryland on October 15, 1953. Mr. Dulany’s general law practice served the residents of Carroll and surrounding counties. He served as an elected member of the House of Delegates from Carroll County and was active in many civic and non-profit organizations. The law office grew and added Associates and Partners from time to time in the general practice of law. After nearly 62 years, William B. Dulany retired from the practice of law on June 30, 2014.
The firm is now known as Dulany Leahy Curtis & Brophy LLP with Partners J. Brooks Leahy who joined the firm in 1981, Amber Dahlgreen Curtis who joined the firm in 1992, and Stephanie R. Brophy who joined the firm in 2012.
The attorneys and staff of Dulany Leahy Curtis & Brophy LLP are committed to the firm’s traditions of high quality, thoughtful legal representation and responsiveness to our clients.